• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint Trouble

LilGreenToy

NAXJA Forum User
I messed the threads up on one of my ball joints and I was needing to know the thread pitch, so I can get a die to try and fix the treads. I was told that it is 3/4 by 20, was just seeing if this is right?

A new ball joints is probably cheaper than the right tap and die kit.

Thanks! I have a file after I saw this from work, that Im going to use tonight, I also have a tread setter file that I was able to borrow from my family mechanic, thank the lord my parents have used him for 20+ years, so he is very helpful. It looks like a file but has different thread pitches and its about 4 rows long, so you just line the top rows with the good tread and just file slowly the bad section until it is strait again. Im going to give this thing a shot this evening and see how it works.

the stud in the balljoint is hardened steel, it's much more likely that you stripped the nut that goes on it.

Back