• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

random no heat?

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well its a problem I completely forgot about until just now and I'm about to go on a 3 day winter wheeling trip here soon. The heater will randomly blow completely fine at any level. the other day I turned the defrost on high, and it was barely coming out. somedays all works fine, and some days I get absolutely nothing no matter where the heat selection is.

Where do I start?

hey everybody

well its a problem I completely forgot about until just now and I'm about to go on a 3 day winter wheeling trip here soon. The heater will randomly blow completely fine at any level. the other day I turned the defrost on high, and it was barely coming out. somedays all works fine, and some days I get absolutely nothing no matter where the heat selection is.

Where do I start?

Start by reminding us what year your XJ is.

blower motor is intermittent. when it does decide to blow the heat itself works fine. doesn't matter what setting, high, medium, low or defrost. it works when it wants to, but the majority of the time nothing

could we pull the blower motor itself, and put 12 volts directly to it to check that. I was assume if the blower motor works we can start looking at the resistor or the switches themself

Back