• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size pitman arm do i need?

clayton3854

NAXJA Forum User
hello all, so my XJ has a 6.5" long arm kit in it.. def prolly more 5.5-6" now due to sagging and bumpers and other add ons etc.. im in the process of installing the Rustys otk steering conversion kit, with over the axle trac bar and heim joints. I called and asked what size drop pitman to use, they said there 3" drop pitman is the best for this setup, after seeing the price on their drop pitman arm. 150-160 range I looked into theirs more and they advertise it as a 3" drop pitman, suggested for rigs lifted 6.5-8.5" where most other companys that advertise a 3" drop pitman arm its suggested for a 3" lift. I could be wrong here but my assumptions are, rustys advertises there drop pitman as a 3" drop bc it lengthens the pitman arm 3" from stock length, where most companys advertise their drop pitman arms according to lift height. so im currently unsure of what drop I truly need.

and how would I measure this? thanks in advance

I tied a piece of string tied between the existing mounting points... one string where the track bar would be and one where the drag link would be. With a helper, he moved one string's end until the strings were parallel (just used eyesight to gauge parallel) and then measured the gap.

Back