• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I keep these spring perches or trash em?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I'm polishing this turd, and I'm debating if I should keep the coil spring perches on or cut them off with the rest of the stuff?
etyte5e3.jpg

budeta7a.jpg

7y3eqy8u.jpg

edubymu6.jpg

aje6adu3.jpg

ve2a3e7y.jpg

Do they look keepable? Or just cut them off?

Awesome, saves me a bit more money then and time, ya the rust wasn't much a bother, just wanted to make sure they didn't look fubar
ugy5ahet.jpg

As you can see this axle everything else is getting cut lol

I'd say chop em off and buy some new ones from ballistic or someone for Black Friday.

If you even want to think about OTK steering or slightly stretching the front axle, get spring perches that are centered over the axle instead of in front of it. I wish that was the first thing I did on my D30.

I'd say chop em off and buy some new ones from ballistic or someone for Black Friday.

If you even want to think about OTK steering or slightly stretching the front axle, get spring perches that are centered over the axle instead of in front of it. I wish that was the first thing I did on my D30.

Didn't think about that, this axle since its going on my expo/dd I'm sticking with utk but my next jeep I do plan on otk so that good to know and remember.

those LCA pockets are definately junk

Oh both are junk and the track bar mount was too! It was a pretty crappy condition axle. 99.9% the axle tubes are straight but the pinion yoke was inside the diff which was nice and the inner seals look to be new.

I recommend Poly Performance products. Their LCA mounts are the least expensive of all the aftermarket.
Got some burned in by a local off-road shop guy.

Before buying the ballistic brackets, look up my thread on here. I wemt thru a huge ordeal and if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have used their stuff.

Ballistic was dropped from pirate. Lots of issues filling orders. I'd whack the perches and put new ones on the centerline, then you can run your track bar to the inner C. Check out the Naxja KOH rig build thread. Throw WJ steering on it.

Back