• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Window Wiper Questions

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 4 door and the inside and outside rubber wipers for the windows has hardened and cracked. I am looking to replace all of them. Team Cherokee has the full set for around $129. It seems like I remember reading somewhere that the newer model set can be used/modified and that the design is better.

Do any of you have any experience in replacing these and what did you learn that you would like to share?

I could even go with a set from a newer model if they would work and I could get them for a reasonable price.

I'll have to look, but I think I have an inner and outer for one of the front doors.

If you can wait, I'll ship them to you so you can experiment.

But I'll have to check, I may have tossed them.

I won't get back home before Thanksgiving anyway. Thanks.

I am going to do a quick paint job on the doors before I install the new ones anyway.

I have the 97+ window felts (wiper seals) on my 87. BUT, I also have all the rest of the window and components from the 97+ as well. I'm not sure if it would work if just replacing the seals without the rest of the stuff.

i just did it on my 94. you if its a 4 door you can use the newer ones as is. the fronts have to have a small piece cut out. if you get a set of newer ones then pull your old ones you will see where to cut them. they are plentiful in salvage yards and can be bought very cheap.

Back