• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission noises

sandsgg

NAXJA Forum User
88mj 4.0 ba10/5 trans

So in the last week or so, I've noticed my transmission getting louder and making a strange noise in my first few gears. Sounds kind of like running a sick along a fence. So i took a video next to the tunnel to capture the sound. It only does it while I'm in gear.

The video shows 1st and 2nd gear up to about 20mph

Update, my tranny mount has a lot of play, super squishy and my driveshaft has a little play, not sure how much that affects it

So i threw it on stands, put it in first and let it idle in gear, slowly engaged the parking brake until it barely started to engage, that got the noise started. It seemed to be the loudest up front neer the bell housing, or right behind it. Rules out the t-case. Now what

So I'm thinking throw out bearing or pressure plate, either way looks like a new clutch Kitt is probably going in. Could probably use it anyway

Back