• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cabins??

All of the cabins at the Harlan Co. Campground located in Putney, KY are very close to everything. There are 7 within at least 1/2 mile. I've stayed in cabins 1, 2, 3 and the one at the tip top of the hill. They were all $79 to $90/night.

Now there are cabins in Evarts but that is on the other side of the mountain and is at least a 30-45 minute drive from Putney. Or you can drive over the mountain. The cabin rates are higher over there for some reason.

All of the cabins on the Putney side are on the one and only way up the mountain to the trails. You'll be close to the campground for evening socializing/festivities, and have easy access up and down the mountain for trail riding.

Do tent sites have a tendency to sell out or am I safe to wait there? I'm not quite sure enough of my attendance or duration of stay to put money down at this time.

I'll split a cabin with ya Kman. I could probably drag Cookie with too to get it even cheaper.

No, not Crumble ;)

Tent trailer is cool in the field?

Don't see why not, but I can ask next time I talk to Stephen just in case. Are we talking pop-up or expo/rtt?

The field is pretty free roam, you pay for a tent you put down. Tow pigs and trailers claim their own area. Watch out for errant fireworks and Diamon Dave.

Cabins are going very quick get one while you can! At least four are already spoken for.

Yeah I don't foresee an issue but I'll double check.

I just reserved Cabin 4. Now I need to convince my wife, my sister-in-law in Charleston, my kid, make two jeeps drivable for 1300 miles, and find some money. Shouldn't be a problem. :)

For those that aren't staying in cabins, where does everyone else camp at? Think we might just pull the pop up camper down.

They have hookups for camper right at the trailhead, very near the cabins. I have pulled my popup up three times there and it worked like a champ. I just can't tow both the popup and jeep up there...so cabin it is for me. Check out their website for camper hookup info.

I have a 50amp plug reserved...

mac 'to plug something in' gyvr

Back