• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermediate Trail Interest

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
This was my group last year. You should have 33"s or larger, rocker protection, and at least one locker. Smaller tires are ok if you don't mind some skinny pedal. You and your rig will be tested but you will succeed! Body damage is still minimal but likely. We really didn't get into much sheet metal in 2013. If it rains though there really isn't a moderate trail, and we may do some sightseeing or hit some easier trails again. Street driven rigs are fine as long as they are well built and you understand the risks and have spares.

Re: Moderate Trail Interest

I see a moderate and extreme, what about hard?

There is a chance that I'll have to drive the big Jeep out (gahd I hope not!), 35s double locked.

Moderate Trail Interest

Maybe moderate isn't the right term? Intermediate may be better? My group starts out somewhere easy to stretch your legs and then progresses. I had at least two rigs in 2013 on 35s and lockers, both were well challenged. You could also probably fit in with Jason's group too.

Oh and 14b's must be shaven.

Re: Moderate Trail Interest

Maybe moderate isn't the right term? Intermediate may be better? My group starts out somewhere easy to stretch your legs and then progresses. I had at least two rigs in 2013 on 35s and lockers, both were well challenged. You could also probably fit in with Jason's group too.

Oh and 14b's must be shaven.

Really? Shaven? is that even a word? Don't worry it will be. :D

For those who aren't sure there were 2 of us in the group with 35's...the XJ was locked front and rear and my MJ is only locked in the rear. We were the 'biggest' rigs in the group. We did lower RG, upper RG, pinball and about 80% of railbed (exited right before the end) which are all class 4 trails. The only real breakage we had was done on purpose (Nick) when Jerry rig was put on top of Can Opener.

There is one thing I cannot get out of my head though Nick...FISH FOSSIL!!! LOL count me in!

Last edited:
yeah, mine has to drive back 1300 miles, so this is where I'll post. The kid's, as it stands now, will be easy trails.

Damn...with all these folks coming from way further than Florida we won't win the longest travel distance this time! LOL I can't wait to wheel again with folks we met already and meet some more folks!!

Like others have said, I'll start here and we'll see what happens later in the weekend. I don't gave a rats ass about the body but I've never been to Harlan before so...

I just want to make sure mine will make the 1900 mile drive home when I'm done...with my windows still in place.

Hahaha the tables have turned. If all goes as planned I'll be locked in at least one hopefully two axles by then so I'm interested in playing Intermediate. And if I don't have my 33's yet, well, skinny pedal it is...:laugh3:

if you will have me? i would like to wheel in this class to get a feel for Harlan.

I'll run intermediate for a day!

Back