• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOOOOW idle

Laurent Wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
Really LOW idle. Talking 250 here. 90 wagoneer 4.0
I give it gas and hold it at 750 for about 5 sec and when I let go it drops to the point of hevy shaking.

Changed IAC and no diference.
Noticed this after a sea foam treatment.
New O2 sensor after the sea foam as well as a new CAt.

Check and make sure the rear CCV orifice is clear. I found on my 90 Laredo I had put on a 96 valve cover with a 96 CCV orifice, it turns out I had to drill out the orifice to allow it to run leaner at idle(think controlled vacuum leak) It went from idleing at 600rpm to 750rpm easily. This same result will happen if the stock rear CCV tube is stopped up.

ok, so i inspected the CCV and there in no signes of it being plugged. i also took the valve off and no signs of it being clogged either.
i took the intake hose from the air box and there is no suction... on the norm, there would be enough to suck my hand in ...... at idle.... took it off to expose the TB and still... not enough suction... TB and intake are clean, i sea foamed it last month. bolts are tight....

Back