• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible vapor lock issue

rig-amarole

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I've been having this issue where after my xj is warmed up and I've been driving around town when I shut it down and start it the motor will idle really rough and seem like its misfiring and if I rev it up it will eventually clear out. I thought it was because my valve seals were bad and it was burning oil (which it was) but that wasn't creating this issue because I've since redone my head and replaced all the seals and head gasket and the intake/exhaust gasket and its still happening. It happens more while I'm out wheeling and the other night it was starting to happen while just driving up a trail (it was only happening when we would stop on the trail and I would shut it off and then would be a rough start again before this last time out wheeling) so I opened my Schrader valve and cleared all the gas out of the rail and then prime my pump and it would start perfectly fine and run alright for about ten minutes and it would run rough again until I repeated the process. So I think the fuel in my rail is boiling or something. Any help would be awesome. Its gotten to the point where I turn down a whole day worth of wheeling because of the inconvenience of this issue.

Back