• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driving, Aux. lights....

Mr Clean 1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I want to add a set driving lights to my original '01 XJ Limited bumper. I'm considering the ARB (968CSG) IPF 6" 100W Lights. I have 3 questions regarding these:
What are your opinions on these lights? What other light options would/could you suggest? (under $250).
Based on their design, the limited amount room for adding driving lights to a front bumper on an XJ and your experience with these particular driving lights, will they fit on my stock/original Limited bumper? If not what would be a good and fairly straight-forward fit or install on that bumper?
3. I have done a search on this topic and have not turned up anything yet, but is there a previous post/thread regarding this that I have not found on this or any other Jeep forums/sites? Please direct me so I can do more research. Thanks for all the input..Cheers

According to ARB's website they are only 3" deep, so I imagine there's a good chance they would fit. You might want to research a little further though and try to find out the measurement from the light's mounting point to the back of the housing, and then compare that to the available room on your front bumper. From the photos it looks like the mount is located almost all the way rearward, which makes me think those lights should need very little room behind them to mount.

No experience with those lights myself, but as far as I've always heard IPF is known to make a quality light. I'm just running cheapie Hella 500's, which are very slim and tend to fit pretty well on a stock XJ front bumper.

Last edited:
I see no reason why they wouldn't fit. I have a pair of Lightforce Strykers on my bumper and I had to mod the grille trim to get them to fit but nothing major. They also have a very different mount than the ARBs.

My lights are wired to come on with the high beams or alone. They are too bright to use with low beams with oncoming traffic.

The only thing I don't like about the ARBs is that goofy rock guard.

IMG_0116.jpg

Looks like they have plenty of room since they are set further back than they could be.

I recognize that rig... one of my favorite XJ 'builds' even though it is pretty near stock... guys name is MCObray here & on CF I believe.

i had no problems fitting a pair of hella 700FFs on my stock front bumper on my 94, i just drilled the holes into the face of the bumper where it angles down from the flat top to the flat front.

Back