• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

late D30 axle shafts question

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
so I'm feeling like one of my front U-joints is going...

question. back in some dusty, cobwebby recess of my mind there's a memory that there's a JGC D30 with CV joints whose shafts ought to be a bolt in. Is this so, and what year/model?

My heep is a '99 XJ *with* ABS if it makes a difference.

The reason I ask is I'm not a hardcore wheeler, but easily could see having to drive it 4 hours on the highway in bad weather so a smoother ride would be awful nice.

Cool, good to know.

Are the CVs a significant downgrade in strength, or are they reasonably OK? (I know, dumb question when I'm still rocking a turdy-five out back, but I don't want to make things any worse.)

Carry spares just in case and call it good if you do run em. I woudlnt bother running them though. A spicer 760 is like 25$. 2 CV shafts has got to be at least 100$ for the pair shipped.

zj has two different length shafts for right side. compare length to old shaft before you try bolting it in

Back