• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 xj info needed

Thegtwyo86

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone

I have a 2001 xj with the great cracked exhaust manifold.....I was wondering if I could install an aftermarket header from an older year xj and install an o2 delete( I live in Florida so emissions testing is not an issue) I was just wondering if anyone has done this.
Thanks
James

Technical aspect: You can do this, and it's been done before for strictly off-road applications. However you need to deal with your before and after O2 sensors as they will have no place to hang out as the older style manifolds were set up for 1 pre cat sensor. I'm sure there are ways around this.

Legality: if you drive your vehicle on the road, you are not allowed to remove the cats regardless of whether somone checks your vehicle or not. It's an EPA thing. Sort of like pissing in a river. No-one may be watching, but most folks would rather find a nice clean outhouse instead.

-Ron

Last edited:
Back