• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meanwhile, back at the office

raneil

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
THEY: So, how was your vacation?
WE: It was fantastic!
THEY: Yeah? Where'd you go?
WE: Moab.
THEY: Where?
WE: Moab.
THEY: Where's that?
WE: It's in Utah.
THEY: You went to Utah for your vacation?
WE: Absolutely!
THEY: I see... (after a long pause) Were you in a wedding or at a funeral or something?
WE: No, we took our Jeep and spent the week driving in and around the canyons.
THEY: (using the "not sure if serious" look) You did? How come?
WE:

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

THEY: Oh. Wow...
WE: Yeah, that's what we said.

Nice pictures. Funny, I get the same reaction when I tell people I went to Utah on vacation. They always say, "Do you have family there?" And when I tell people I went there for fun, they get a puzzled look.

Exactly. So many folks seem to have no idea just how awesome it is out there.

I've been a one-man Canyon Country ad campaign since I got back.

It was fun 'wheeling with you. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of you climbing Potato Salad Hill. They would have been boring anyway; you made it look too easy.

I just had to get up Potato Salad Hill in front of all those Wrangler guys. :D And you and Dustin got up too. :thumbup:

Yeah, but we were relegated to the "short wheelbase line"; probably the same one the Wranglers used. :dunce:

It's funny. After driving a CJ for so long, I never really considered an XJ a short wheelbase rig before. No doubt, all present were envious of your extra length.

Stop it! You know what I mean.

Back