• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj bearings and rotors on older d30

Burton58

NAXJA Forum User
i know 00 and 01 have slightly different unit bearing and rotor widths than the older ones but if i swap them both to a zj 30 will the calipers then line up correctly? :dunno:

There are a few splits in bearing size and a corresponding change in rotors and calipers.

Does the ZJ share the same bearing part number of any year of XJ? I don't know without looking though a parts DB. You could go to NAPA or one of the other ones and do a bit of footwork.

-Ron

yep the knuckles are the same, it's the hubs and rotors that differ. There were really only two styles of calipers available ... the early AMC bendix and the later (90+) Chryco calipers. Knuckles followed the calipers.

My MJ is getting a '92 limited's HP30, '95 ZJ CV shafts, '00 hubs (my spares) and rotors, and some spare unknown year calipers (they are either '92, '98 or '00).
Just match the hubs and rotors for 90+

thanks guys i wasn't 100%. i'm keeping the calipers, unit bearings and rotors from the 2000 and just swapping the 2wd beam with the lp30 so it sounds like it'll work

Back