• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TCC Solenoid

larguin

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 Jeep XJ 4.0 with a Aw4 auto Trany. I just replaced the ECM computer because it wouldn't run. With the Snap on Solaris computer came up with a code for a TCC Solenoid. The vehicle had no Tranny issues before or does now. It still shifts fine through all the gears and feels like it goes into overdrive. Any information would be great upon what to look for because the check engine light will not go out even if I try to reset it or clear it.

it would be helpful to know what code specifically was set. I had issues for quite some time with p0740, and for me personally I think it was my transmission fluid getting too hot causing the solenoids to function improperly.

I have a 99 Jeep XJ 4.0 with a Aw4 auto Trany. I just replaced the ECM computer because it wouldn't run. With the Snap on Solaris computer came up with a code for a TCC Solenoid. The vehicle had no Tranny issues before or does now. It still shifts fine through all the gears and feels like it goes into overdrive. Any information would be great upon what to look for because the check engine light will not go out even if I try to reset it or clear it.

At this point, I would suggest that you confirm that it is positively going into overdrive.

A TCC Solenoid (Sol C) code (P1748) would come from the TCM. If you got a PCM code, it may only be a P0700 code, indicating there's a DTC stored in the TCM.

In that you replaced the PCM for a problem and now you have a TCM(?) problem, I would recommend you examine ground G101 connections for corrosion and security. G101 is the ground for the PCM, TCM, and the battery main ground to the engine. G101 are the two studs for the ignition coil mount bracket atachment.

Last edited:
Back