• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure

jimbug8796

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ 4.0 that as good a Good oil pressurewhen cold drops off when it warms up the most I get when warm is 25 psi while driving anyone have any suggestions

I have a 2000 XJ 4.0 that as good a Good oil pressurewhen cold drops off when it warms up the most I get when warm is 25 psi while driving anyone have any suggestions

I have no coolant loss or any noises in the engine starts cold at 50 them slowly drops as gets warm I end up with 13 idle 25 driving

too many variables to make a diagnosis from your brief description. What brand/weight oil? What oil filter? Is this a recent issue, or has it been that way for a while? Have you verified actual pressure with a mechanical gauge?

I been there...Screw in a know accurate mechanical gauge to verify oil pressure. In my case it was a faulty sender. And on another simply tightening the sender gave a better reading.

too many variables to make a diagnosis from your brief description. What brand/weight oil? What oil filter? Is this a recent issue, or has it been that way for a while? Have you verified actual pressure with a mechanical gauge?

10w30 oil and mopar filter,bought it this way.have autometer oil pressure gauge installed on it.

Back