• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 problem

soccernut1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, new here and have a problem. 1998 xj a340 trans 4.0 liter. Problem is the trans will not shift down to first, wants to start in 3rd so have to shift manualy. Works fine when it is shifted manual , Help..

Hello, new here and have a problem. 1998 xj a340 trans 4.0 liter. Problem is the trans will not shift down to first, wants to start in 3rd so have to shift manualy. Works fine when it is shifted manual , Help..

When mine did this it was the 1-2 shift solenoid. Cheap easy fix, drop the pan and replace it

my 89 did the same thing. found 2 of the 4 solenoids where bad by testing with a meter. went to the junk yard with the meter, found a good full set and replaced them. all good now.

Orderd a soliniod kit today. Will have it Monday, figured while I have the pan off and how inexpensive it was , replace all three.

Did you confirm there was a bad solenoid before ordering that kit?

Back