• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 NWC summer campout

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Got home just a bit ago. Ill load a few short vids i took later. just wanted to say thanks for a great day guys ! It was nice wheelin with the OGs !!!

:cheers:

Dustin's sack getting smashed.
vyty9ybe.jpg
amuqy9e4.jpg
qu5ymaza.jpg

Was GREAT seeing all who attended!!! And thanks for everyone's patience... felt great to get some seat time... had a great time, decided to head out last night.. was missing Teresa! Anyone with pics of Lil'blue, please post 'em!

The first three shots are the bottom filter to Airplane hill, the other two shots are the top side of Waterfall, part of Archer's...

Last edited:
I'm waiting on the torx report, you guys should have stayed or gone on the Sunday run, it was a COMPLETE BLAST! I even surprised torx a couple times with my rig lol

TORXreport: TSF Summer Campout 2013

I was really looking forward to getting one more good run in this summer at TSF. There's just something about running TSF when it's dry, and being able to stick stupid lines. However, mother nature had a different plan in store, and decided to monsoon the days leading up to Summer Campout this year.

Rain is nothing new for us, so I tossed the essentials in the Jeep after work on Friday and headed up for the weekend. At Browns Camp I found Bronzewyrm_Family and friends, Mopar440, and the Boring_Family already set up. The wet conditions kind of killed my motivation for a night run, so we enjoyed the campfire instead. Strangely no campfire dances happened that night. Growing up?

The next morning I woke to the sound of a 4.0L rolling by my tent. That was when I met Special Larry (Demonoid369). Shortly after OG Rod (mojojojo) rolled in as well. We BS'd for awhile, performed the morning wheeling chores, and then rolled out.
7CCD79D0-7429-4746-837A-32C7FCEE0CE5-606-000000C67F713C08_zps5d10d48f-1.jpg

We hopped on Power Line, and then ran University Firepower which was a snotty mess.
IMG_0004.jpg

Finished University Firepower, no bubbles no troubles.
IMG_0007.jpg

Rod making sure everything was still there. She's been ridden hard.
IMG_0008.jpg

Keith, thankful to just be alive, soldiered on all day.
IMG_0009.jpg

The second section of Cedar Tree was closed most likely due to logging. They're logging the hell out of that area.
IMG_0013.jpg

Then it came time to start Firebreak 5. The first section was closed due to logging as well, so we jumped on after the "Rock of Doom" section.
IMG_0014.jpg

The thick peanut butter clay was ruthless. It was just wet enough to coat everything is a slick glaze. Lots of "back up and bump it."
IMG_0018.jpg

Boring Dave used all four squirrels and motored on up.
IMG_0020.jpg

After finishing the hill climb we met back up with Larry and Keith who wisely chose to bypass the first section. Some fellow local wheelers Scott and Dan played around on the rock garden.
IMG_0029.jpg

Until they both got stuck and pulled some rope.
IMG_0033.jpg

We continued on up the third and fourth sections pretty easily. Rod making his way out the top.
IMG_0036.jpg

After completing FB5 we kept moving. Airplane Hill was open, so without thinking twice a few of us were lined up to head on in. The bottom filter is always a fun one.
IMG_0039.jpg

Once John, Rod, and I were through the filter we made our way up to the actual obstacle. Rod was on a mission to make up for lost time, so he decided to give it a go.
IMG_0040.jpg

The same slick glaze provided little to no traction.
IMG_0042.jpg

Airplane Hill.
IMG_0045.jpg

After trying for awhile with no luck, Rod admitted defeat and we took the bypass around. We still had the top filter to get though however.
IMG_0048.jpg

After the three of us made it out of Airplane Hill we continued on around the ridge.
IMG_0051.jpg

Then it was Hogsback time.
IMG_0054.jpg

Keith making it work.
IMG_0061.jpg

We ran the second section of Hogsback through the trees, and then continued down Archers Firebreak. Nothing too exciting happened, and we were just able to cruise eventually finding ourselves at Waterfall.
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Rod continued his mission and jumped on the left side ledges.
IMG_0076.jpg

However, the slick glaze coating the rocks just wouldn't let him up. So then it was off to the right side corner line.
IMG_0078.jpg

Bronzewyrm followed suit, but either A. the conditions were too slick, or B. something has changed, because our normal line just wasn't working.
IMG_0079.jpg

While Bronze backed down I decided to give it a shot running my usual line. I got the front end to pop up around the corner as usual, but the Jeep quickly started to slide back down. After numerous high RPM launches I finally got the Nail Salon to claw it's way up. It was super frustrating, but a total blast.

Waterfall offered some good entertainment.
IMG_0080.jpg

Boring_Son and Rubi.
IMG_0082.jpg

After conquering Waterfall the group made our way down to free John from the filter. Apparently his exahust is magnetic to rocks. It was getting to be that time, so we headed back, but made a quick stop at Mini Rubicon.
IMG_0084.jpg

Rod and I exchanged some "remember when" stories, and without too much convincing he was heading up like a boss.
IMG_0086.jpg

Surprisingly, he got the front end to crest the ledge, but over the year it's gotten dug out and his rear diff was catching preventing him from crawling up. John and I pulled cable and he was able to pull himself up pretty easily. Props, Rod!

Back at camp we grabbed some dinner, and enjoyed some laughs around the campfire. Gold Cobra showed up later that evening, and brought some interesting subjects of conversation as usual.

The next morning Darren, Larry, and myself headed out for some more wheeling. The goal was to cover some ground, and I wanted to run some of the trails we rarely get to.
IMG_0090.jpg

Ran three sections of Powerline, and then headed for Bates Road.
IMG_0093.jpg

With the recent rain I was skeptical of the hill climbs, but it was dry enough that traction wasn't an issue. It's still a good climb though.
IMG_0092.jpg

Pit stop at the top.
IMG_0094.jpg

Ran all the sections.
IMG_0097.jpg

Then we made our way down to the Highway 6 obstacle that we ran for a few miles.
IMG_0098.jpg

We turned onto Ben Smith Road, and picked up where we left off the previous day at Waterfall continuing on Archers.
IMG_0099.jpg

Made our way down to the V-Notch dodging motorcycles along the way (event was going on).
IMG_0101.jpg

Larry making a successful run down.
IMG_0108.jpg

Darren piloting his short bus down it.
IMG_0109.jpg

Once we were all at the bottom, Larry and I wanted to run it back up. Fearless Larry crawling his way up.
IMG_0114.jpg

Nice job, Larry.

IMG_0116.jpg

The three of us stayed on Archers for awhile finishing the trail. We dropped down through Jordan Creek, and made our way over to Stick In the Nose.
IMG_0117.jpg

Going up through the rock garden.
IMG_0118.jpg

Coming out the top filter. Seconds after Larry popped up over a rock and smashed into the log. It made quite the smash, but hardly any damage. Nice job, Larry.
IMG_0120.jpg

FireFox. Not a difficult one, but also one we rarely ever get to.
IMG_0122.jpg

By this time it was only 1:30, the three of us were able to cruise comfortable all day at a nice pace. Since it was still early we headed south a bit, and explored a ways. It was absolutely gorgeous out, and the views were awesome.
IMG_0123.jpg

13F39B0E-B1D5-4481-AF31-2B478A732E19-606-000000CA32D3D622_zps359c1864-1.jpg

We eventually made our way out some random road way down on Highway 6. We tossed the air in the tires at the Smith Homestead, and then called it a day.

I had a blast this weekend. Particularly running the classic trails with a lot for the OG_Crew. Hope to see you guys back out on another run soon. Our Sunday run was also a great way to end the weekend. I think by the time we hit the road for home, I logged over 100 miles. :cool:

I want to thank all you guys for coming out, it was great chatting to all and learning tossing ideas around. This couldn't haven't been a better shakedown for my jeep and ecstatic on how well it performed. I only with the rest of the group could have came with us on Sunday, it was truly fun and enjoyable. It was a great pleasure running with all you guys, I hope I can make it out again soon

Sorry I missed out on Sunday, My family had a few illness problems. My son woke up at 6am blowing chunks! And I joined in at about 7. I pesonaly blame Captin Morgan! Or Darren! We ate some Johnson ville frozen burgers the night before. I don't think all of them were cooked all the way. Or it may have been the week old potato salad we brought from home.

So I got up about noon, loaded up and set off for non rolling home.

See ya all on the next event.

Well after washing my jeep I've learned I swapped paint with a rock on my driver side rocker, dented my passenger side rocker, slightly dented my catalytic converter and off set my brush guard with the bumper and cracked/torn my driver side front clip and amber light lol I think this turned out to be a great weekend by most standards lol

Man that seems like an awesome trip!! I wish I could have come and taken part in the fun, but there's always next year. I'm glad y'all had a safe and fun trip!

Well after washing my jeep I've learned I swapped paint with a rock on my driver side rocker, dented my passenger side rocker, slightly dented my catalytic converter and off set my brush guard with the bumper and cracked/torn my driver side front clip and amber light lol I think this turned out to be a great weekend by most standards lol

Dented my tub up in a couple spots and have a leaky axle seal.

Come to think of it. It's the same axle seal that went out on Dustin and installed by the same guy.

Back