• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crank sensor

Simple, CharlesS has a right hand drive XJ.

That was a though, but he is in Cali and from his pics his is left hand drive. I guess things really are different in Cali.

That was a though, but he is in Cali and from his pics his is left hand drive. I guess things really are different in Cali.

Maybe he reversed the negatives of those pics?

Read that post a little more carefully:

"The 2000 and 2001 will have the CPS in the same location on the bell housing, but the wire connector is on the passenger side, near or on top of the Transfer case, not as shown in the diagram below. Simply follow the wire from the sensor to the connector."

Note he is saying the CPS itself is on top of the bell housing on the driver's side, but the connector has been moved to the passenger side.

-----

Back on-topic,
the OP has a '94 and the diagram shown in that link is correct for his vehicle. All the commentary about later models does not apply to the OP's engine.

Read that post a little more carefully:

"The 2000 and 2001 will have the CPS in the same location on the bell housing, but the wire connector is on the passenger side, near or on top of the Transfer case, not as shown in the diagram below. Simply follow the wire from the sensor to the connector."

Note he is saying the CPS itself is on top of the bell housing on the driver's side, but the connector has been moved to the passenger side.

That is also incorrect. The connector for the CPS is attached to the transmission shift cable bracket, on the driver's side of the transmission.

If you need to replace it, the easiest way is with ~30"s of extension with a universal joint at the end. It should be an 11mm bolt head. Took about half an hour to do mine by myself. It should be easier with two people with one person holding the socket on the bolt.

Back