• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

once again more issues with my 94 Xj :'(

cz94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok seems to me I go on without problems for a few months and then something has to happen again. I always try my best to describe the issue and I always maintain my jeep. So that being said here's what's happening.

So the other day as I'm driving to work everything is fine no issues at all idling good no issues like I said. So as I take my exit like I do everyday, 5 days a week its a small up hill off ramp I got the red light on the hill and while o was at the stop the jeep started jerking me foward and then shut off before I could rev it. So iput it in park and it staryed right up with no issues. I got to work and was off all day. I was very nervous driving back but had no issues so today it did ghe same thing in the same spot. But before it could shut off I tried to give it gas but it was reving up very slow like it had no power. I'm stumpped on what this could be Iknow all ypu guys help me out in the past. Let me know what you guys think on what it could be I hate to take it in and pay a but load of minet when I can do it myself

Well, that it happens at a steep angle it could be a fuel contamination/supply problem.

Could be loose bolts mounting the transmission to the engine and allowing a gap to open for the CPS.

Could be the start of thermal failure in the CPS.

Test your way to the answer.

Duct-tape a fuel pressure gauge to the windshield and try to get the problem to occur again.

Well, that it happens at a steep angle it could be a fuel contamination/supply problem.

Could be loose bolts mounting the transmission to the engine and allowing a gap to open for the CPS.

Could be the start of thermal failure in the CPS.

Test your way to the answer.

Duct-tape a fuel pressure gauge to the windshield and try to get the problem to occur again.

I'm thinking it can be the fuel pump. I remeber my buddy had some issue with it staying ok n and we replaced the fuel pump and was running great again. But could it also be the fuel filter ?

the past several days I did a lot of work my xj replaced radiator new fuel pressure regulator fuel filter and a few other things I cant remember off the top of my head. so with that being said I was sure it was the fuel preasure regulator it was leaking gas from one of the gasket rings. everything thing was good on 1st test drive around the block nut then I parked to check the radiator fluid and that's when it started shaking I tried giving it gas and it wouldnt go it shut off after that. tried to start it up again and it wouldn't want to. I know the alternator and starter are prefect I recenty swapped those. I plan on changing the CPS in a few days im running short on funds but what else could it be ? any guesses ? anything would be appreciated

Back