• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 No Fuel, no start.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Helping MoabXjeeper to get his jeep running after two years. I have all kinds of sensors laying around so we thought it was worth trying to plug stuff in and see if anything would work..

So far we have replaced the cps, cam sensor, a complete throttle body with every sensor on it, ecu, temp sender and all the fuses and relays related to fuel....

Nothing.

Any other suggestions?

What kinda Jeep ?

Tested the wires to the fuel pump for continuity ? Have 12 volts at the fuel pump ? Applied 12 volts from another source to the pump itself to test the pump for function ?

Pump has power--so it is running?

What is the fuel pressure? Zero? Bad pump.

Pump has power--so it is running?

What is the fuel pressure? Zero? Bad pump.

Haven't checked the fuel pressure. But we have tried two different pumps. Still a no go. The pump ONLY gets power when I jump the hot wire in the relay box. I'm pretty sure there is no spark. Before I got ahold of the jeep they tried starting fluid (bad, I know...I didn't do it) and didn't even get a kick out of it.

I'm pretty sure there is no fuel AND no spark. It acts like a CPS but it's been replaced...twice.

Work on one problem in the trilogy (fuel, air, spark) and then move on. Trying to troubleshoot multiple issues at once will result in a headache.

Verify fuel at the rail with good pressure. When you fix that, worry about spark.

Work on one problem in the trilogy (fuel, air, spark) and then move on. Trying to troubleshoot multiple issues at once will result in a headache.

Verify fuel at the rail with good pressure. When you fix that, worry about spark.

The problem with that is whatever quit caused both air and spark. Running one day, not the next.

You might try fuses other than just fuel related fuses. Fuses marked Ignition Rail Coil Fuel Injectors and ASD for example.

jpgPDC2000_2001.jpg

Back