• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi steer and track bar question

94xjsport94

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at using the BTF D30 hi steer bracket for going hi steer on my XJ to eliminate the inverted Y junk. Drilling and tapping the knuckle isn't a big deal, I'll pull it off the parts Jeep. It's all heim in double shear which is a plus too.

Right now I'm running the IRO double shear track bar. Love it. I'm shopping around for OTA brackets. JKS is popular and all I just want something adjustable higher an lower. On the frame side I was planning on keeping the IRO bracket but the rustys one is appealing. Only thing being how much up travel I would have on the drivers side before it would hit (looks like it would hang down low) also don't know if that would even be a problem?

I plan on running full 4.5" RE coils up front to help stay at 4.5" with my bumper and winch.

Clearance and link angles are both important.
I would do a mock up/measurement first.
Have not installed yet, but I have the TNT customs OTA bracket. They have 2 different ones, I believe either should work. Inexpensive, and good build quality.
When I go the WJ/crossover steering I will most likely keep my RE bracket/brace on the frame side. And run a straight trackbar.

If I am not mistaken, Clayton makes an OTA TB kit meow.

Ok cool cool. I'm thinking I'll need a bend in my track bar to clear the oil pan for more clearance. I'm leaning towards this if it wasn't for the braking upgrade of the WJ swap.

In theory, you can move the frame side TB mount forward.

Here's another steering option, ruff stuff specialties. It's all DIY. I did need to bend the drag link maybe 3 degrees to clear lock to lock, but its 1.5" .250 wall Dom.
Think it was 280 shipped and all you needed was new nuts and bolts.
null_zps8a1d160d.jpg

Also. Idk how extensive you want to go but if you go otk you'll need to relocate the axle side t bar bracket. I hit mine, you also have to remove your away bar links on the axle. Just food for thought. A lot of stuff gets in the way once you upgrade to beefy steering unless you go with currie

Here's another steering option, ruff stuff specialties. It's all DIY. I did need to bend the drag link maybe 3 degrees to clear lock to lock, but its 1.5" .250 wall Dom.
Think it was 280 shipped and all you needed was new nuts and bolts.
null_zps8a1d160d.jpg

Also. Idk how extensive you want to go but if you go otk you'll need to relocate the axle side t bar bracket. I hit mine, you also have to remove your away bar links on the axle. Just food for thought. A lot of stuff gets in the way once you upgrade to beefy steering unless you go with currie

He's planning on running the aftermarket "high steer" knuckle which will give WJ-like crossover steering. Will have to go OTA anyways.

For me, the minimal difference between draglink in the middle of my diff And moving it up an inch didn't matter to me, I too still have the option of going OTK by moving my draglink to the top of my axle, but it throws off my steering-track bar alignment.

I had to use a TJ pitman arm to get my angles close.

Measure first and figure out what you need.

Back