• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift brands and what you think

xj_redneck

NAXJA Forum User
alright well after 2 years I finally got my money from my accident costing me my lifted 92 f150 and the strength in my right shoulder. FYI don't hit a horse it sucks, I know, I hit a 6000$ horse with a 500$ truck. anyway with a part of the money I'm getting a new lift for the heep. right now the guy before me installed a 3" rough country lift then did the 2" budget lift. so all in all a 5" lift, it has the factory control arms (bad idea), factory track bar (bad idea), factory steering pitment arm (bad idea) and a few more things ive seen that are all bad ideas and plus the driver side factory control arm is looking perty rusty and not to good.

so my question is what brand lift would yall go with I want bigger ive got 1500$ but can go more if needed. rough country has a 6.5" long arm kit with lots of extras so more bang for my buck plus a lifetime warrenty all for 1599.00.

but then again I found an 8" long arm kit from iron rock but never seen one on the road and off the road anyone got any knowledge on this brand lift. its like 1600$ but not sure on the long arm set up. gunna do some more research tonight on them.

any better ones that are a good bang for my buck is great looking for atleast 6.5" lift and must be long arm kit.

i already have 37s on. I like to mud and craw. just tring to get my lift first then working on dana 60/ dana 60 swap in axles but don't want the 8 lug so ill work on that later.

im also going to switch my steering to grand Cherokee steering when I do my lift. switching the spindles to fully fit the set up plus doing the rear disc brake swap to while im at it. ive been doing lifts, off roading for a long time just always go for the budget style lift so the cheapest that has the largest lift and most crap with it.

as I said im not into the brand name lift as long as its good and strong cuz I have a boy on the way and a 3 yr old now so must be sturdy. I know yall don't like 37s with the dana 30 front im doing a truss build right now for it keeping the stock gears for now till I get the time to get the 4:10s I found in the junk yard put in for now till the axles get built.

I already have the 37s on a 5" lift and no im not getting rid of them there great tread and great tires for snow, rain, mud, crawling, and dry and Kevlar lined. yes its cut up the kid before me had a lot to learn about doing the off road thing. traded a lowed Honda civic that made 40 mpg but trans was about to go and couldn't find one any cheaper then 1200 but had no warrenty so I traded it for a 99 Cherokee auto with 5" lift cut up with 37s, lockers in front and rear, came with new ecu in trunk, new cam sensor in trunk, new crank sensor in trunk, larger throttle body (off the intercepter addition) in trunk. and more expensive parts in the trunk.

Back