• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Bmikes Build Party 08/17-18

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
let me First say THANKYOU to Brandon(bmikes) for steping up and offering up his shop for such an event. props man!

to avoid clogging up other threads I wanted to get a separate thread going.

I plan on being up there Friday sometime. ill bring all my hand tools. as many of the metal fab tools as I can. and some metal for usage. I will also be packing pitch for beer and pizza. may or may not stay in the area overnight.

thx again Brandon party1:
Bronze.

oh get over yourself already:looser:... with the stuff that comes out of there, its a shop!

I also say its a shop.
A garage, also know as a carriage house, is for leaving wheeled vehicles indoors for storage. A shop is used to repair and modify above said vehicles horse powered or not.

I'll have to come over since it's so close and I can bring Bronz his forgotten camping supply's from our last time out.

If Friday you guys are open all day I can come morning/afternoon. I work that night at 11, if it can be done with speed I'd like to cut my rockers out and weld in some 2x4 or 2x6

I also say its a shop.
A garage, also know as a carriage house, is for leaving wheeled vehicles indoors for storage. A shop is used to repair and modify above said vehicles horse powered or not.

I'll have to come over since it's so close and I can bring Bronz his forgotten camping supply's from our last time out.

Hey I still have those fender armor for ya John, would it be possible to get the dif cover by next week? If not its all good :)

If Friday you guys are open all day I can come morning/afternoon. I work that night at 11, if it can be done with speed I'd like to cut my rockers out and weld in some 2x4 or 2x6
Thats a pretty involved procedure Larry. Most of the threads I've read on it, have been an "all weekend" sort of project.

Hey I still have those fender armor for ya John, would it be possible to get the dif cover by next week? If not its all good :)
you guys STILL haven't done that deal?!?!?!:looser::looser:

Re: Re: The Bmikes Build Party 08/17-18

It's doable in 1 full day if you have the stock rocker out and the area prepped and all measurements done and cut ready to weld.

As far as size goes, do you want the added protection with or without protecting your doors. From what I've seen and read 6x2 gives an extra inch of slider to keep trees off your doors, 5x2 removes that extra inch of protection. Both, if done for hi clearance require trimming the bottom of the doors. 4x2 can be done in hi clearance without trimming the doors (maybe).
Cutting is the easy part, its the welding that takes all day.

I feel that's a pretty entailed project that isn't really gonna get done in a day, especially when everyone else is gonna be tryin to use some of the same tools as well.

Re: Re: The Bmikes Build Party 08/17-18

I feel that's a pretty entailed project that isn't really gonna get done in a day, especially when everyone else is gonna be tryin to use some of the same tools as well.

Yes

I tell you what, after I get back from my honeymoon I'm gonna start in on this same thing. I'll get a few welders together and we'll do a rocker replacement party.

It's doable in 1 full day if you have the stock rocker out and the area prepped and all measurements done and cut ready to weld.

As far as size goes, do you want the added protection with or without protecting your doors. From what I've seen and read 6x2 gives an extra inch of slider to keep trees off your doors, 5x2 removes that extra inch of protection. Both, if done for hi clearance require trimming the bottom of the doors. 4x2 can be done in hi clearance without trimming the doors (maybe).
Cutting is the easy part, its the welding that takes all day.

Ya I'm probably going to do 2x6 since I do plan on caging this jeep in the future and the sliders will be one of the anchor points for connecting stuff.
If sliders are to much then I'd probably just want to some help/guide to trimming my fenders(mainly back ones) and if its possible/if I like it. Do a cut n fold of the rear quarter panels. There's not much that I need done at this point other then start my prep labs for doing the rear and front bumpers.
Maybe if its possible, cut the rear shock mounts on my 8.25 and move them up for clearance?

Just testing the waters.... How many of y'all would be free Thursday and/or Friday? Mikey is gonna be out of town on Friday and wants to kick it and have a pre-work party on Thursday. I know Ashland could use the help too

I'm locked in for Friday.
Thursday nights I'm in the studio all night.

i could come out friday and saturday but i have a memorial to go to sunday
and with that tiny compessor your not going to run more than one tool at a time

do I need to throw in some more air line? and/or a junction block? ill fit what I can in my rig. Im going to be going through the metal pyle today to seee what I have aval.

Bronze.

P.S.: drill press, do you have, do we need???

More airline would probably be good just for the purpose of reaching further out into the driveway. But yea I don't think it'd do very good at running more than one tool. I have a drill press, although it's definitely not the best... It's got a 5/8 chuck, but it's not very rigid at all. I use it for drillin holes though!

I don't have any pictures of it on my phone, I'm on my way back from a weekend out of town so ill be home tonight and post a picture up.

Does anyone else have questions about what I have and/or what they should bring? I can post a list of the hand tools and stuff like that, that I have.

Back