• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum-disco inner shaft carrier bearing?

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
Yes, I still run my disco. Yes, I do like it. No, don't bother trying to talk me out of it. Thanks. :cool:

89 XJ, 4.0, AW4, 231...

There's a small roller bearing inside the D30 axle tube, just inboard of the disco box, that supports the outer end of the inner axleshaft. Make sense? I'd try a drawing if I thought it would help...

I'm looking for a source or part number.

AutoZone lists an "Intermediate shaft bearing" that sure sounds right, but the specs on Timkin SCE108 are: 0.625 ID and 0.8125 OD. That's not even close. This has to have ~1.25" ID...

Any better suggestions?

Thanks!

Robert

RockAuto lists an "Axle Shaft Bearing, Front Inner" as Timkin B2110, 1.3" ID.

That sure could be it, but without a drawing, I'm leary...

Nope. Tried that one and it was sloppy on the shaft. (huhuh)

Drove the old race out, and found the number BH208. AZ shows that to have the same 1.62 OD, but a 1.250 ID.

Unfortunately, it'll take three days to get one...

Will update.

just about every napa warehouse in the US stocks that bearing, I just checked in my computer system here at work. the hub in columbus has 2 in stock, napa might be able to pull it for you overnight.

we use the same part number, maybe call your local napa?

maybe call your local napa?

I should have. There's not one on the main drag on my side of town, so I never think of them when I'm searching. By the time you suggested it, I had already ordered - and paid - at AZ...

At any rate, got the bearing this morning, popped it right in before work. Fits the housing and the axleshaft perfectly. Hopefully, I'll get 24 years out of this one, too...

Robert

[Cliff's Notes: Midshaft carrier bearing is p/n BH208.]

Next time you have a problem with a part number PM me, I don't mind helping out people who go out of their way to help others bud.

:cheers:

Back