• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with GoJeep headlight harness

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
I just made a harness following the write up on goJeep's website. Followed the directions exactly. The driver's side light works properly, but the passenger side is messed up. For reference its a 99 with fog lights (I read about the sticking hi/low but this seems a little different), and if I need to get rid of the fog light fuses and relays that's fine because they are broken. I used the original passenger plug to activate the relays.

Anyway, now the passenger side headlight high beam is on when the headlight switch is off. Both the high and low beams are on when you turn on the low beam, and the light is completely off in the high beam position.

I rechecked my wiring to make sure I didn't wire it up backwards and searched before posting. I tested the plug with a multimeter to see which lights were on and when.

nevermind

If you are doing this, make sure you get the right relays (Napa part number AR274). I had the correct one for the low beams but the one I had for the high beams was Napa part number AR204 which has one of the pin 87's powered at all times and switches between the two pin 87's when "actioned". I also had to remove my fuse number 3 & 4 to get the high beams to turn off when you switch back to low beams. I hope this helps someone out who is do this. I can't wait for it to get dark and see how much better they are.

Back