• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plug and Play? What have you added?

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. So, I have a 99 xj that managed to get herself totaled. I bought a replacement, but it is very light on equipment options. I have learned that cruise control, the head lamp delay, heated mirrors and even the upgraged gauge clusters are all plug and play. I have swapped in these things into my xj already. I am just wondering what else I can add on with little work? So far I have been amazed at how easy these upgrades are. What else can I add on? What have you added to your xj? Let me know! Thanks everyone!

The seats swap over, the overhead console also swaps over if your other XJ had that.

What trim level is the new XJ and what trim level was the old one?

The seats swap over, the overhead console also swaps over if your other XJ had that.

What trim level is the new XJ and what trim level was the old one?

I don't know what either trim level is on the jeeps. The new one is completely stripped down though. Crank windows, manual locks, even the gauge cluster only has warning lights, no gauges...

can keyless entry or power windows/locks be added?

On most more modern/current vehicles the wiring is already there. So, MOST power items should be plug n pray. Gauge cluster can even be swapped.

The wiring and relay terminals in the PDC aren't installed. My 97 had the wiring under the dash for the switch, but no relay socket, no harness up front, nada. Since the factory setup was lacking, and it's a simple circuit to build, I think homebrew is better anyway, but yeah, not a plug-n-play add-on.

Infinity Tweeters:

6698008629_93e4f85ed5_o.jpg

The wiring and relay terminals in the PDC aren't installed. My 97 had the wiring under the dash for the switch, but no relay socket, no harness up front, nada.

Hmm... I'll have to check the PDC then. I know for a fact that the harness behind the bumper is there on my '98.

Good info. Thanks!

Back