• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Slip Yolk compatible 2WD/4WD

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ 2 wheel drive and I just added new 1" lift springs front and rear up country spec.My question is that the rear drive shaft slip yolk is sticking out about a 1/2 " from where the wear mark is from the rear seal of the trans.It is moving up and down..possible the rear bushing is toast,well anyways will the longer YJ slip yolk from a 4WD NP231 fit into the 2 WD AW4 trans? I am trying to avoid having a new driveshaft made for just 1/2 ".A new stock YJ one is only around $60 or so.

Well got the yoke today as well as the bushing and seal.The NP231 slip yoke has the same fit and spline as a 2WD FYI.Installed it today with new bushing...once I got the new bushing in the old yoke was kinda sloppy in there never the less the new one went in.All seems well in the driveshaft dept. IT is however the same length as the old one...for thoses who would have liked to know.Just gotta shim the rear 2* now.

Well I can get some installed pics that show the YJ Yoke in there that has the elongated u-joint end.The stock one is more square...I'll take some and post up...

Back