• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door locks fail, already done Greg's fix

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
Two of the doors on my 88 XJ no longer lock/unlock either with the remote or using the master switch on the front door panels. I did Greg's Famous Door Lock Relay Fix a few years ago, and it was a dramatic change and they all worked great.

Mine stopped working so well when the weather turned a little colder last year, and I figured it was the cold slowing them down. Now that it's back up to summer here in CA they still don't work.

My question: Is there a shelf-life on Greg's Relay Fix? Anyone done this and had to re-do it after a while?

Whether its a bad relay, poor connection, broken wire, or bad solenoid.... you need to find where the voltage stops.... While operating the remote or the door switches test for 12VDC.

Whether its a bad relay, poor connection, broken wire, or bad solenoid.... you need to find where the voltage stops.... While operating the remote or the door switches test for 12VDC.

exactly what he said. start chasing wires with a multimeter or even a basic test light.

Did the fix about 3 years ago when I discovered NAXJA. They still SLAM open and closed..

I had a powered subwoofer that had worked fine, but today didn't power up:
it was a faulty crimp to the + terminal. Why this happened I don't know. Vibration I guess.

Work your way from the bat to the relays to the switch and let us know what you find.

Did the fix about 3 years ago when I discovered NAXJA. They still SLAM open and closed..

I had a powered subwoofer that had worked fine, but today didn't power up:
it was a faulty crimp to the + terminal. Why this happened I don't know. Vibration I guess.

Work your way from the bat to the relays to the switch and let us know what you find.

If the supreme being had wanted us to use crimp connectors he never would have given us solder.

Back