• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED lights won't work in fog light lamps

Asnyder14

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased some h3 LED lights to replace the stock ones because I wanted a cooler look. But, when I hook up the new lights, they don't work but there is power going to the wire. I took the bulb up to the battery and it worked just fine and then I tried running a wire from the battery to the fuse and that didn't work either. I'm at a loss and I really wanted to hook them up. Any ideas?

Fuse ok??

Fuse blew the first time I replaced them so I replaced it. I even tried putting a 20,25, and even a 30 in there instead of a 15 but they still won't work. Currently there's a 15 in there.

How are the grounds?

PS--sticking over-rated fuses in circuits will usually result in BURNED wiring.

So you're blowing the fuse every time you try to turn them on? Sounds like a direct short somewhere. Were the original fog lights working when you removed them?

PS--sticking over-rated fuses in circuits will usually result in BURNED wiring.

jeep-fire.jpg

the tester I used used the same ground and it still lit up.

Getting a low power test light to light up versus a high power bulb is a horse of a different color.

I tested the ground and the hot wires going into the lamp yesterday, the ground is good but the hot must not be putting out enough. When i turn the fog lights on from inside the car, the one with the LED which I jumped to the battery turned off and the regular one turned on as it should.

Back