• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lokka locker?

Found this in their FAQ's.

What is the history of LOKKA?
LOKKA has been manufactured in Australia since the late 1990’s and has been sold globally under its own brand name or re-branded for local resellers.
From 2003 to 2012 it was best known in North America under the brand name Aussie Locker™*
The Aussie Locker™ model listing was only a small subset of the total number of products that were available.

anyone else pronouncing the company name with a thick aussie accent?

that's not a lokka, THIS is a LOKKA!

I've had my Aussie for about 5 years, and its never missed a step. When it comes time for a new front locker i'll right back to Aussie. And i'll order it with a thick Aussie accent!! Mate

I've owned a spartan, an aussie, and a lock right and the aussie is by far the loudest and harshest. I can't say I ever heard the lock right and I rarely heard the spartan. The aussie is fairly new(about 5 months), so the old aussie or new lokka may be better.

My locker finally came in today. It took the 10 days to get it out of their facility and maybe another 5 days via TNT. Everything is there, directions well written with pics. Unfortunately one of my brand new Alloy USA shafts has an issue with the splines. The side gear will slide onto the one shaft easily and the other shaft is a no go. Anyone have this issue before?

do both side gears slide onto one shaft? and both don't slide onto the other? Or one side gear fits both shafts, but the other side gear doesn't fit either?

if both side gears fit one shaft but not the other, it's a shaft issue. If one side gear fits both shafts but the other side gear fits neither, then it's a locker issue.

then you need to contact whoever you got the shafts from. it has nothing to do with the locker.

nEqqYE4.jpg
Turns out 3 of the splines were fat on one axle right out of the box. :doh:

Looks like LOKKA's offered up a black friday deal last year....$179!!!!
It was thru Pirate4x4...but still.....
I may wait till the holiday season and see if this deal comes around again.

I'm still waiting on my replacement axle and pondering doing the ZJ disc swap maybe in a year or later. I just replaced everything new on my drums this year. My question is, will I still be able to pull the axles out easily with the locker installed or will it require removing the little springs/pins and risk losing hardware to get the C clips out?

Back