• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting issues.

smokinu

NAXJA Forum User
i have spark i have fuel.. it just wont start!

pressure at the rail shot over the passenger fender a couple feet.

i have a spare relay for the fuel pump that fixed the issue last time. this time it didnt work.. i have a brand new battery and cables. im stuck at work right now with no way home unless i get the jeep started.

No CEL at all.

pulled the plug for the cps and it was not corroded but i took a wire brush to the pins anyways. and i know my Neutral safty switch is going out.. Im going to replace both of them and be on my way.. the truck is running now. pretty sure the cps is failing.

The NSS only interrupts cranking in any transmission shifter position other than PARK and NEUTRAL.

I would remove, clean, and reinstall the NSS, they are expensive and seldom--never(?)--actually fail, they just get dirty.

If you have spark during the time the NO-START condition presents, then the CPS is less likely a suspect, but it could be weak. What was the condition of the spark during the NO-START condition? What is the condition of the spark when it does run?

The NSS only interrupts cranking in any transmission shifter position other than PARK and NEUTRAL.

I would remove, clean, and reinstall the NSS, they are expensive and seldom--never(?)--actually fail, they just get dirty.

If you have spark during the time the NO-START condition presents, then the CPS is less likely a suspect, but it could be weak. What was the condition of the spark during the NO-START condition? What is the condition of the spark when it does run?

thanks for the heads up i will look into it.

When i got home this morning i took every fuse out one at a time from the fuse/relay box on pass fender just to give em a once over and found some corrosion and a few broken ones, a wire brush and some elbow grease and im not having anymore problems with starting, and my reverse lights are working now as well. party1:

Back