• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IAC number for O'reilys. They have me the wrong one?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What is the product number for a 97' 4.0L idle air control valve from O'reilys? The one I got is a bit bigger/different
Can't get a pic because tapatalk is being a little bi*** but the O'reilys one is much bigger and no lip like the stock iac has. Can someone help?

just because you've got the wrong part, doesn't exactly mean you've got the wrong parts box.

I've made it habit to open the box before I buy to confirm correct parts. More than a few times I've gotten improperly boxed parts. One was an O2 sensor for a 91+ in the box for a Renix ... parts guy was adamant it was correct until I went into the parking lot and put the correct part on the counter. I also bring the part in for comparison whenever possible for the same reason.

Here's the problem I'm having
azy5yru6.jpg

As you can see the left one is my stock one, its smaller and has a lip. From what I'm seeing on pics, mine might be from a 1.5L?!?!
I've gone to two O'reilys and autozones and even napa and all of them look like the one on the right of the pic. I can not figure what the heck is going on?!?! Did some moron swap a throttle body from a 2.5L on to my 4.0L?

Edit:all of the 21774 and 2-IAC13 all look like the right side with the blunter tip and no lip around the base

I hate to be the whiner and the bumping of a thread but I need some serious help as to what's going on between the IAC's and to figure out why mine is different from all the other IAC's and how to figure this out since I work tomorrow morning.

So besides what appears to be cosmetic differences, does it fit?

BTW: don't try and adjust the length by hand, you will ruin it.

I wonder if the OP is thinking it's wrong when compared to one that came apart? The pintle tip is of a bit different shape.

That's what I'm getting at lol in desperation I put the new one in and it works ish but now my idle sits in between the 750rpm and 1000rpm but closer to 1000. I know its suppose to sit at 750rpm, which why I'm stumped because I want to figure out why my stock IAC has a smaller tip and a lip at the base while every parts store looks like the one I posted?

It'll sit where the computer sets it. That's the point of the IAC.

As long as the machine doesn't fall on it's face coming to a stop...
Quit at stop signs....
Or fall on it's face when it's time to go.....

Your golden :)

Re: Re: IAC number for O'reilys. They have me the wrong one?

That's what I'm getting at lol in desperation I put the new one in and it works ish but now my idle sits in between the 750rpm and 1000rpm but closer to 1000. I know its suppose to sit at 750rpm, which why I'm stumped because I want to figure out why my stock IAC has a smaller tip and a lip at the base while every parts store looks like the one I posted?

Pintle size doesn't matter.

Reset the ECU and all will good in the universe again

Pintle size doesn't matter.

Reset the ECU and all will good in the universe again

I did reset it last night, left it disconnected from the battery for about 45 minutes and for good measure, connected the pos and neg together for 30 seconds to drain the capacitor,

did you clean the IAC seat in the TB when you replaced it?

Back