• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Northwest Chpter Firedrill Run July 21

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
!!!!!We missed holding this event last year but it's back!!!!!!

If your Jeep has a coat of wax on it and you have a can of tire shine in the glovebox, you'll want to push the back button on your browser right away.

What: Ever heard of a Chinese Firedrill? Similar principle. We will be meeting at the trailhead and everyone will be putting their name in a hat. Whatever name you draw, you drive that person's Jeep on that trail. Someone else will be piloting your heep. The plan is to run up to 3 "easier" trails, drawing a different name each time.

Who: This will be a Members only run.

Where and When: Sunday July 21st in the Tillamook State Forest. Meeting at Rogers Staging area at 8:30am for a 9:00am departure.

Other info: If everyone can limit it to 1 passenger each, we could shuffle passengers too. We can discuss everyone's opinion on this, but this probably isn't going to be a good run to bring kids on. Usual vehicle requirements.

Who's feeling brave?

:gee:

With the potential of the noob run the day before on this, attending this is going to mandate camping up there that weekend, or making TWO trips back and forth from home/to TSF... that's a lot of fuel. Available camping spots are going to be scarce that weekend too.... Just something to consider.

Some won't be at the noob run. Others won't mind camping. It's either the 21st or hold it the same weekend as the summer campout.

Last edited:
Some won't be at the noob run. Others won't mind camping. It's either the 21st or hold it the same weekend as the summer campout.

I guess for some reason, thats what I thought we had discussed/planned on before.... no biggie. At least we're putting it out there. Cant say we didnt try!

To bad we couldn't make the summer camp out & the NOOB run happen on the same weekend. Great family event.

So what do you guys think? Should we hold the firedrill run as it is on the 21st or save it for the summer camp out.

when is the summer camp-out planned for?

!!!!!We missed holding this event last year but it's back!!!!!!

If your Jeep has a coat of wax on it and you have a can of tire shine in the glovebox, you'll want to push the back button on your browser right away.

What: Ever heard of a Chinese Firedrill? Similar principle. We will be meeting at the trailhead and everyone will be putting their name in a hat. Whatever name you draw, you drive that person's Jeep on that trail. Someone else will be piloting your heep. The plan is to run up to 3 "easier" trails, drawing a different name each time.

Who: This will be a Members only run.

Where and When: Sunday July 21st in the Tillamook State Forest. Meeting at Rogers Staging area at 8:30am for a 9:00am departure.

Other info: If everyone can limit it to 1 passenger each, we could shuffle passengers too. We can discuss everyone's opinion on this, but this probably isn't going to be a good run to bring kids on. Usual vehicle requirements.

Who's feeling brave?

:gee:

Consider the firedrill run postponed til at least Aug.

Hey things are starting to work out for me. That is If I can get all my ducks in a row and re-membered up by August.

I had so many big plans for wheeling the YJ for this year. So far I've been shot down right and left!

Back