• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you dump your custom EXHAUST?

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
Hey yall.

I have had a "performance" stock replacement exhaust manifold for a while. But it's way past due for me to replace all my exhaust. I'm currently running a single chamber muffler along with a slightly oversized cat.

My plans include removing all the exhaust and having my local exhaust guy build a complete new system for me including the downpipe and a new hole for my O2 sensor. I'm planning on doing 2.5" because im running a 4.7L Stroker.

What i'm looking for is some great ideas for where to dump the exhaust. From something as simple as (pictures of) dumping right before the axle, to something as cool as tying up to the rock rails and dumping out the side. I've seen plent of cool exhaust mods. Let's see yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you just cut off the factory exhaust at that location? or did you end up redoing the whole thing?

No pics of mine. I took off the exhaust after the downpipe and put on an aftermarket cat and borla 'stinger' muffler. 2.5" pipe from that straight back and a turndown right after the axle. Same as EricsXJ setup.

I have mine turned down right after my Magnaflow 4x9 14" muffler. The turndown was already on the heep when I got it. If I had felt like it, I would have dumped right after the axle. But really, somewhere after the rear doors is fine. careful of leaf spring bushings and brake cables and such.

did you just cut off the factory exhaust at that location? or did you end up redoing the whole thing?

I have replaced mine from the cat back. I installed a Magnaflow cat and the Rusty's exhaust with a Flowmaster 3-chamber. I didn't like how close the tail pipe was to the gas tank skid and the shackle, so I just hacked it off after the arch over the axle.

do any of yall have issues with the exhaust seeping back into the cab?

No.

py6ydudu.jpg

Like this

Back