• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally installed my 4.7L stroker!

heavyequipment

NAXJA Forum User
I had built it a couple years ago but decided to keep the OEM 4L till it wore out. Last July, I drove it to Idaho pulling our 13' travel trailer as usual. It took about 2 gallons of oil to get there, and blew enough oil into the air cleaner to saturate it. While there, I pulled the breather hose off the air cleaner and stuck it in the mouth of an oil bottle that I cut a hole in near the top to let crankcase gasses escape. Coming back I only used about a gallon of oil.

This spring, I finally got around to installing the stroker. It's a very sweet-running engine, but you have to brace yourself to avoid whiplash if you mash the pedal down. I'm hoping the extra power will let me drag the trailer up the long grades in a higher gear. I was always happy with the 4L, but since I had to do something, I went with the stroker. I hope I'll be glad I did...

Back