• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do you keep your xj clean

JeEpXjSaM

NAXJA Forum User
mainly gonna talk about keeping the inside clean. i like muding and let me say it sucks when it comes time to clean it out. it usally takes me a whole day or more to get it nice again. me, i use a heavy duty shop vac, stiff carpet brush, windex, dash cleaner(armor all ect), and LOTS of paper towles.anyone got any good cleaning tips?

i hose it out, then shop vac it. But i live in a warm, dry climate so i generally don't worry about rust. Mike, are there any good direct fit rubber floors that you know of and would use? I like having a floor covering for heat and noise, but carpet blows for wheeling.

i hose it out, then shop vac it. But i live in a warm, dry climate so i generally don't worry about rust. Mike, are there any good direct fit rubber floors that you know of and would use? I like having a floor covering for heat and noise, but carpet blows for wheeling.

not off the top of my head but the govt issue XJs came with a thick rubber pad for a floor from the factory, there's got to be replacements out there.

After I flooded my XJ in a nice mud hole, I removed the carpet. Now is noiser and and in summer feel the heat from the exhaust. But easier to clean up when water/mud comes inside.

Any aftermarket carpet setups worth the $$? Did it in a previous vehicle and never fit right.

I'm thinking of just pulling what's left of the carpet-spraying it down with some bedliner type material then keeping my rubber mats in. Heat like Marcelo73 said will be increased but easier (relatively) to clean.

Back