• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to do to get ready for CoFest

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I've been busy mostly working on the trailer but I did start on the XJ today.

First of all(this is for you Troy) I cut out one of the roll cage bars so i could move my seat all the way back.
Before:

Afer:

I also extended the tongue on the M416 so it will maneuver a little better.

I'll have to mount the electronics box and make a mount for the propane tank:

I added an awning:

Next up for the jeep is to put on a new front bumper, get new tires mounted on different wheels, and much, much more depending on time, of course. :)

Front bumper installed. All by my lonesome. I just one handed the 100# bumper and bolted it up. :)

I need to get a tent lined out and a bed, both of those were stolen with my truck last year
as far as the jeep goes, its pretty much ready with the exception of needing to throw some synth rope at it before some one loses an arm to my frayed steel line
oh and i need to mount my CB

flores if you want to come grab it before I head back out on the road, you can use one of mine.

Front bumper installed. All by my lonesome. I just one handed the 100# bumper and bolted it up. :)

Looks good,

those are a bear to do by yourself, i usually use a floor jack to help a bit.

You just need a ORA bumper sticker now! :lecture:

Made some more progress with the M416. Added a mount for the propane tank, and mounted the newest AT's on the jeep wheels that came on the 90. Thanks, el presidente!

Did more. Installed the winch, and discovered that my old red-top Optima wasn't up to the task. So I put in a new yellow-top, AND changed a windshield wiper blade. Changed the trackbar on Zac's jeep(I could not get the tapered pin out of the frame mount. Drilled, heated, pressed off the jeep, I ended up getting another stock one from el presidente) and noticed he needed a new motor mount which I installed. Now the damn 97 is back to doing it's not wanting to idle crap that I spent big bucks on last time. Grrrr!!!!

Back