• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stereo Missing Support

RSQJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Got this 88 XJ and it had an empty hole where the stereo was. I installed an Alpine (single din) into it but there is no support for the back of the radio. Did the stock radio have a bracket that wraps around the back of the stock radio to support it?

Was looking at one of these kits from installer.com but not sure if they are plastic junk or if they would stand up to some wheeling; either the 99-5510 or FJ1550B.

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=3048

Thanks for the help!

your best bet is to hit the junkyard. i have yet yo find a decent aftermarket one. The stock bracket works like a champ, and slides into a slot on the top inside the dash to support the rear.

Of The 2 Xjs And One Mj Ive Owned, I've Never Seen The Support, They Have All Had Floppy Radios, Always Thought It Was normal

Of The 2 Xjs And One Mj Ive Owned, I've Never Seen The Support, They Have All Had Floppy Radios, Always Thought It Was normal
nope, mine is real rigid. you can use the stock bracket, it screws into any aftermarket radio.

Old school radio support:

Plumber's tape--the metal kind with pre-drilled holes.

Back