• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 3-3.5" Lift?

Kingkong0192

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best 3-3.5" lift in terms of comfort and offroad performance?

I don't plan on doing any serious wheeling, mostly going to use it as a dd, but i do want it to be able to perform well offroad if i ever need to take it offroad.

Price isn't really a problem. I want to know what my options are. Quality comes with a price and i understand that.

Do they even make long arms at this height or am i stuck with short arms?

Plan on running 31" AT tires.

Old Man Emu. In the sizes of lift they make, nobody is better.
go to dpg offroad.
You can't get long arms usually until 4.5" lift.
If money is no object - get Dirk at DPG Offroad to work with you to find a 4" lift with OME parts & drop brackets.

i started with RE 3.5" back in college. Its now a hodge podge of RE, spacer, shackles, shackle relocators, and RK longarms.

If I did it over, I might start with Deaver progressive coils and their leaf springs, or National, or alcan. Mine REs are pretty stiff in the rear, even after a good amount of heavy loads, towing a boat too heavy for the XJ, etc.

There are a few other progressive coils Like Savvy/Currie, which might actually just be deavers; AEV maybe. Maybe some know of others.

may not be the best choice if you have a heavy rig and do a lot of street driving or hauling.

Full traction has a full 3.5" long arm kit. About 1800$ last time I checked.
Since OME uses spacers to go above ~2.5" I would recommend some ACOS if you go that route. You can fine tune/left out each side.

IMHO I really like my OME/DPG hybrid lift. I bought the 4 inch lift. After adding a bunch of armor it sits more like 3.5 inches on 31s. Rides really nice. Even my 87 year old Dad likes it. No drop brackets and it does not need them. Highly recommended. It is not cheap but happy I spent the money.

I'm going to second... or third this. I went with the DPG hybrid 7 years ago and the springs are still doing well. OME rear shocks have been a bit of an issue. I have ~3 degree shims and the axle mount on the shocks don't seem to hold up well. Bilsteins are doing better.

OME, hands down best 3" kit for an XJ.

Full traction has a full 3.5" long arm kit. About 1800$ last time I checked.
Since OME uses spacers to go above ~2.5" I would recommend some ACOS if you go that route. You can fine tune/left out each side.

I'm sure DPG would use the 934 coils in the kit if you asked. I got 3" out of those.

Bilstein 5100 may well be better - but the fact that people bother making a comparison should tell you something. OME shocks are supposed to be pretty good.
You could also run JK shocks, if you wanted something off the shelf. I had them on mine for a while. They were used when I got them and still rode pretty well.

Back