• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Inner C measurement

shanesaw

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any idea what the inside to inside measurement should be for the inner C's on a D30?
Both ends of mine are bent and when I shop the JY or CL I was hoping to be able to put a tape to them to at least be partially sure I'm getting a straight one.

did you bend them smacking ball joints? i've done that. they can be heated and opened back up.
i wouldnt be concerned about a replacement axle being bent though, it's not common problem. it would be safe to assume they are fine if a knuckle is already in place.

Bent mostly from years of abuse. Camber is off on drivers side, but bad on passenger. In addition to this the differential has a cracked lower and upper control arm mount on the passenger side, so I'm going to buy a used D30, box in the control arm mounts, gusset the C's and consider a truss. Thanks for the reply, I hadn't considered that the knuckle could tell the tales of the diff. Mostly concerned about a CL buy as it could have come off a Jeep that was as used and abused as mine is.

Back