• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID these missing rockers!

RSQJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Please move this thread if I posted in the wrong area....

So, I bought this XJ and trying to fix it up. Prior owner had some kind of rear rocker panels on it, took them off, but left the lower rockers panels on. Any idea based on the length and hole location, as to what brand they might have been?

Looking to get another set on this project and hoping to put back on what was there. The lower rockers are pretty thick and wrap a little under the body. The missing ones run from the back to a little past middle hub of the rear tire. It's an 88 XJ 2 door.

I know there is a rocker guru out there who knows what was once there! Thanks for the help and if you have a set kicking around and want to get rid of them, please lmk!

TIA!

Yeah those look like JCR rear quarter panel armor to me.

If the seller didn't, paint the edges of those holes before you install new guards. Keep the rust monster at bay as long as you can...

Thanks for the help guys. Might try to get some metal and fab up some panels to fit over top. In addition to bolts, do you guys put sealer in between the body and the panels? On my CJ, I just bolted it up and let the water run out of the bottom. Now I haven't taken the panels off since installing them, but....could be ugly.

Thanks for the help guys. Might try to get some metal and fab up some panels to fit over top. In addition to bolts, do you guys put sealer in between the body and the panels? On my CJ, I just bolted it up and let the water run out of the bottom. Now I haven't taken the panels off since installing them, but....could be ugly.

I made a set for my rig but never installed them. They are lighter grade steel than the store bought brands but I did this so they would conform to the body. I'm not going to run them.

Where are you at in MD?

I made a set for my rig but never installed them. They are lighter grade steel than the store bought brands but I did this so they would conform to the body. I'm not going to run them.

Where are you at in MD?

I'm from the Eastern Shore, Queenstown MD area. Any interest in freeing up some room in your garage? I need something to cover up these sideways drain holes! LOL!

I'm from the Eastern Shore, Queenstown MD area. Any interest in freeing up some room in your garage? I need something to cover up these sideways drain holes! LOL!

My trail rig spent its whole life in Salisbury where I bought it.

I would love to get rid of them but that's a long ways to ship!

I have family in Snow Hill but I'm not going up this summer unfortunately.

The ones that I made do not have the "lip" at the lower belt line where the 3 holes are on yours. That short piece can be added though, easily.

My trail rig spent its whole life in Salisbury where I bought it.

I would love to get rid of them but that's a long ways to ship!

I have family in Snow Hill but I'm not going up this summer unfortunately.

The ones that I made do not have the "lip" at the lower belt line where the 3 holes are on yours. That short piece can be added though, easily.

LOL, what a small world! Maybe I'll look at doing the same thing you did. What gauge metal did you use?

LOL, what a small world! Maybe I'll look at doing the same thing you did. What gauge metal did you use?

10ga steel, about 1/8". Not the best "armor" thickness but I was looking for something that would conform to roll in the fenders without having to bend them. Here is a pic, I have cut out the fuel door opening since I took this. I made them longer so I could make tailight boxes at the end as well.

0212121148.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job cutting them up. What did you use to cut the bend so nicely where the fenders turn? BTW, what front bumper are you running?

Nice job cutting them up. What did you use to cut the bend so nicely where the fenders turn? BTW, what front bumper are you running?

I used my metal band saw and relief cuts then ground it smooth with a 60grit flapper wheel.

I have one of the first Logans made, I got it for a steal! I have winched that thing hard over the years and no issues. I did add a brush guard to the hoop to protect the winch better.

Back