• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you identify this rear disc assembly?

DrivnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is an odd request; I bought these off a guy claiming this was a rear disc conversion for a Chrysler 8.25 XJ. Unfortunately, the plates are not compatible and I am unable to contact him. So now I don't know what Jeep these are off of or compatible with :mad:

Anyone recognize these? Any help would be greatly appreciated :wave:

3a2f3ba2-52ac-4eee-9b54-ef4339c44619_zpsb1516238.jpg

20130619_164007_zpsc3e807f4.jpg

20130619_164011_zps5eefd08d.jpg

Could be a kit offa zj, in that case u gotta dremel(or whatever method) the axle hole out a bit to fit the 8.25(itll slide right on a d35) and your good.

I just bought one myself and will have to enlarge it as well

Not off a ZJ. Backing plates don't have the ridges and the caliper brackets don't separate from the flange mount like that.

Looks to be some part numbers on the brackets. What are they?

After a quick google they look like WJ rears.

Yeah, those look like WJ rears to me, Talyn is right.

zjQsxNP.jpg

from thread: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f75/99-wj-grand-cherokee-156826/

Unfortunately I think they are probably pretty useless. Don't all WJs have rear discs? They are 5x5 lug pattern, obviously the backing plates won't bolt up, and I'm not sure the backing plate mounting surface to axle flange surface distance is compatible, either.

You could be the first though. Got a junk axle around to try it out on first? Nothing to lose, really.

Last edited:
Sure looks like it, that sucks. Who sold them to you?

Back