• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 link question

ghettocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I considering purchasing a Teraflex made 4 link for 450. My main concern is that the uppers won't go with the stock mounts on the Dana 30. How much work am I looking at to make a truss and brackets? I have access to a welder so that isn't an issue. If the project is too much of a hassle I am just going to get a rough country long arm kit.

To do it right it will be a good amount of work. You can cut the work/time down a little and get a pre made truss and weld that on. What really gets you is all the little things you didn't think of when you came up with the idea. Links hitting stuff and can you fix the problem. Steering always seems to be a problem at some level whenever you take something away from stock. You get the idea.

But hey if none of us ever pushed forward and tried to work past all the problems then we wouldn't have such cools rigs. We would all be having are kicks at driving over the curb stones at the local market.

Last edited:
I have no idea what product you are describing.

If it was made to work with an xj, it should work with an xj. Unless you are trying to make something from another vehicle work?

Xjs come stock with a 4 link as well...

Last I checked the teraflex longarm kit for xjs used stock uppers...

And long lowers

it will do (not good) things to the pinion angle throughout its range of motion.

OP: were you talking about converting the terra kit to radius arm?

link? pics? its not anything that was ever offered for an xj.

the bracketry looks sketchy at best. the stock crossmember is not strong enough to mount control arms on IMO.

If that is truly built by a teraflex engineer, I have lost all faith in teraflex products.

I would stay away.

So a rough country long arm upgrade would be a better option?

not sure why you would turn to rough country as your next option with all the other kits out there. many being 3 and 4 links like the kit you were originally interested in. but yes. I'd run rough country before that "kit"

I've heard a lot of good things about that kit and it seems to be cheaper than any other long arm upgrade. It definitely is better than a Rusty's kit. I was looking at rock krawlers 3 link, that was I think 50 dollars more. I really don't know a whole lot about what systems work the best, other than Clayton's and TNT are way outside of my budget for now.

Back