• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinion on purchase and how bad is this lift?

You know that rig has had the crap beaten out of it. He claims it got a new bell housing.

Crap beaten out of it.

Beaten.

Geared, locked axles on stock shafts, stock steering, I'm not going back to see if it has a fixed yoke kit for the rear driveline.

The Skyjacker kit always seemed good, if the joints aren't worn out.

Those wheels are ridiculous and need to be replaced. Yes, I know that is the culture there.

I'm not in the market but I wouldn't be able to go over $3k for what I see, how I am sure it has been treated, and what I would want to do to make it fit my use.

Oh the tires would be the first to go. The big thing around here is 10 inch wide wheels with stretched tires on toyota trucks. Looks fkn retarded. The locked/geared axle and SYE I'm hoping it has are the only things that caught my eye. Even the lift I had planned on replacing the springs with 5.5 RE / 5.5 leafs/slider and serious long arms.

If you are thinking body and axles are the only things of value, $2k. But the Skyjacker is a good kit. I don't know who make Serious long arms but I would stay with the Skyjacker subframe and mid arms.

He wants a lot of money for a hole lot of crap. I don't know about you but I don't think there is a vehicle that will never get stuck. You would be better off spending $5,000 on a 2000 or 2001 stock Jeep that is in great condition and building it the way you want it.

Glad i asked lol. I try to stay away from the 00 and 01s because of the head casting. Whole nother subject. I have a 91 now I paid 1k for but the axles are crap. Dana 35 but it did come with ABS so it has the larger joints and HP. Maybe Ill just keep this one and build it up. Just so much money to regear lol

How in the world so I make it out of the mountains with no steering stabilizer?

I would give him the $5 asking price?

Back