• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C condensation dripping into the frame rail

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
Water pours out of the passenger side frame rail after I run the air conditioner on my 98 XJ. I'm assuming that a drain hose is clogged somewhere, but the culprit isn't obvious to me. Can someone explain to me exactly where to look?

That's how it's set up to drain... Look under the hood on the right side. There's a little drainspout that points into a hole one the frame rail

I would think if you had a blockage you would be getting no water on the ground and lots of nasty water on the passenger side carpet and floorboard. My 98 drips plenty of water on the ground after minimal AC usage. I believe it's normal.

Are you sure? It doesn't seem right to have water sitting in the frame every night when I park it.

I don't like it myself but that's the design. I sprayed out the drain with some compressed air because my floorboard was wet, and now I get a lot more water than I used to

Back