• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear driverside uniframe repair

JeEpXjSaM

NAXJA Forum User
How i fixed it when i was young and stupid also how it broke

Started cutting my old fix off. Note to self next time a buddy calls in the middle of fixing the uniframe asking for help don't cobble it together to go help them

this is what i have to work with

Started pulling the bracket towards the front, the axle wasn't centered

some picks of my welds

How did you get permission to work on the Titanic?

How did you get permission to work on the Titanic?
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: the whole jeep was perfect (except the paint and the ecm or ecu whaterver they call it these days) when i bought it from the junkyard even the grill wasn't broke, it had the owners manual also. after about a month of dd i found that the leaf spring mount had punched a big hole in the floor(I only found out about it because the mount cut the fuel sender and pump wire harness)

Judging from the picture, it's got quite a bit of rust. So it's far from perfect. Of course the amount of rust that is considered bad depends on your location. :)

Judging from the picture, it's got quite a bit of rust. So it's far from perfect. Of course the amount of rust that is considered bad depends on your location. :)

Here are a few pics the same day i got it. and i live in iowa. also this jeep sat i a junkyard for ten years before i got it. oh and im the one who put the ss on it was testing the fit. fyi i drove it for almost a year with 31 ss tsl with NO lift

Yup, that is Iowa "a little rust". I grew up in Des Moines. That leaf spring mount is done for. Probably a lot of metal to replace around it.

i also have the drivers side uniframe rail from the tranny cross member from back my old jeep that got totaled (got t boned on the pass side) just dont have the time right now its my dd, bt im gonna see about getting some time off work to swap em out. any write ups on how to do that or pointers? but dont say get a new jeep it is NOT any option right now.

Back