• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally back in the game after 3 years 88 mj

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
So like the title says I was forced to sell my xj 3 years ago after parking it due to unibody issues. I have always wanted a mj but just never got around to buying one. So about two weeks ago I found one for the right price. 88 swb 2.5tbi auto 4x4. Guy I bought it from said he was the original owner and that it had lostspar k. T hat threw an instant red flag. Keeping that in mind I talked him down some and we agreed on 450. I towed it home and had it running in about an hour. It still needs a lot of work. I have never owned a renix. Its far from running good. I can drive it around the yard only in 4lo tho. All of the vacuum lines are junk either missing or cracked. Is there some place online I can order a complete set. Also a schematic would help so I can get all of the lines routed correctly and hopefully simplify it some. I'm sure I will have more questions but would like to get the vacuum system worked out first. I have big dreams for this rig. Current plans include getting it running correctly and streetable. Future plans include a 98 up swap. 30 non disconnect 8.8 gears locked and loaded. Longarmed and armored to hell. Pics coming soon.

a 2.5 TBI isn't a Renix, its a TBI.

First thing you need to get is a shop manual--not a cr*p manual like Chilton or Haynes--http://www.autobooksbishko.com/ they sell LEGAL reprints and CD versions of Jeep manuals. On CD it will set you back about $37 plus s/h.

Finally got this thing firing on all 4. Revs fine in park but as soon as it shifts into drive or reverse it dies. Thinking I'm losing CPA signal due to a few missing bellhousing bolts I found. Anyone know the size and thread pitch.

Back