• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N filters, special oil or any kind will do? Lol

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I'm a cheap bastard and don't want to buy the recharge kit for the filter I have. Is there a special oil they use to coat it? Or can like mineral oil, vegetable oil, wd-40, etc... Be used? Greatly appreciate the info

Really? Lmao I honestly can't tell if your serious or not lol

If you are such a cheap bastard, why did you buy a K&N in the first place? Those things are pricey.

You can probably use the Spectre recharging kits they sell at autozone.

Didn't buy it lol came with it when I bought the jeep lol funny part is I think its the one for the 4.0l in the grand Cherokee and not the regular Cherokee
Plus I am short on cash so I'm trying to not spend money on something that very well is just plain mineral oil or something since the Rv shed at my parents house has all sorts from mineral to wd-40 to a bunch of others lol figured I'd try and save a buck

Re: K&N filters, special oil or any kind will do? Lol

Didn't buy it lol came with it when I bought the jeep lol funny part is I think its the one for the 4.0l in the grand Cherokee and not the regular Cherokee
Plus I am short on cash so I'm trying to not spend money on something that very well is just plain mineral oil or something since the Rv shed at my parents house has all sorts from mineral to wd-40 to a bunch of others lol figured I'd try and save a buck

Penny wise, pound foolish

Go get a paper filter
your jeep will thank you

This ^^ and what most others said. My current, renix heep came with a K&N. When I did a tune up I got a Napa Gold Filter.

sell the K&N and either get a dry filter setup or go back to stock. your sensors dont like getting coated in the filter oil anyway

But they like getting coated in re-circulated oil from your PCV? Open up your intake and tell me it's sparkly clean.

OP...try ATF. Practically the same thing they use.

Back